About the course
This 6-week introductory course will allow you to explore how mindfulness practice can bring you a sense of inner calm and balance.
By learning to stabilise your attention through various meditation practices and learning new ways of interacting with your experience, you become more skilful at choosing a response that allows you to remain grounded and at peace.
10 – 20 minutes of home practice is recommended everyday for the duration of the course. Audio guides will be provided.
- A set of formal meditation practices (Breath & Body Meditation; Body Scan; Walking Meditation; Sounds & Thoughts Meditation; Befriending Practice (Loving-Kindness))
- Understanding the nature of our attention and our wandering mind
- Learning how to train attention for more stability and clarity of mind
- Exploring how our experience is very much shaped by our thoughts
- Learning to shift to a more experiential and observational way of being
- Recognising our natural reactive tendencies in challenging moments
- Using our attention to create space in difficult times to allow a more skilful response
FRI Jan 13,
FRI Jan 20,
FRI Jan 27,
FRI Feb 03,
FRI Feb 10,
FRI Feb 17,
5:30 – 6:45 PM